Drop Down Menu (apPopupMenu)
Apycom Drop Down Menu is an extremely powerful drop-down menu solution for your
web site navigation. In contrast to other drop down menus available
in Web, the this menu can overlap not only HTML contents but
also can pop up over form elements, frames, flash, and even go
over the browser window. Due to its highly user-configurability
you can fully adopt a menu appearance (such as colors, fonts,
image background, icons, sounds, alignment) to fit your website needs.
target frames and 6 different button types. Small, highly performance,
and very easy-to-use.
Java source code is available.
- Light-blue bar - shows item icons, tiled image background, 3D arrows, separators
- Start-like menu - Windows-like menu with icons and disabled items
- Depth test - horizontal bar with 12 sublevels and minimalist gray design
- Sound bar - topbar example with mouseover and click sounds
- Single item - shows mouseover popup activation, image background
- Deep green techno - image items, solid arrows, tiled image background, separators
- Red sand - toggle mode, frame support, shadowed text
- Dynamic menu - demonstrates ability to modify the menu w/o page reloading
- Multicolor buttons - 4 buttons with different colors
- Checkboxes - demonstrates checkbox features
- Frame example - shows using menu with frames and ability to overlap frame and window edges
- Ability to cascade unlimited pop-up menus - see Drop down menu depth test example
- Submenus can overlap any number of frames as well as other HTML contents and even
jump outside the browser window - see frame example and
height test example
- 6 button types
- Menu structure can be loaded from an external txt file
- Checkbox support - see checkbox example
- Horizontal and vertical directions
- Color parameters for normal and mouseover state of text and background
- Ability to use system colors of OS for color parameters
- User-definable font style, font size and font face
- Support for iternational character sets - see example 3
- Toggle mode - item remains highlighted after a click indicating a current page
- see toggle example
- Tiled image background
- Image icons for top items
- 3D, solid and hidden arrows
- Support for target frames - see frame example
- Top level text alignment
- Mouseover and click sounds
- Menu's 3D border
- User-definable delimiter for "menuItems" param
- 3D text effects (normal and mouseover text shadow)
- Inactive/disabled items
- User defined browser's status string
- User defined loading message
How to Setup
- Place the .class file in the directory containing the HTML page into which
you want to insert the menu. You can place the class into a different directory
and correct the path in the CODEBASE= parameter, for example:
<applet Code=apMenu.class Codebase="different/directory/" Width=480 Height=31>
<applet Code=apMenu.class Codebase="http://yoursite.com/" Width=480 Height=31>
If you see a "class not found" message, this means what your browser can't find
the .class file specified. This may mean a spelling or Case seNSitiVe mistake
in the CODE= parameter, a wrong location in the CODEBASE, or that you've
forgotten to copy the .class file to the necessary directory.
- Cut and paste the applet tag used in the example (under "HTML source"
title) to your HTML page in a position you want the menu to appear.
- Modify menu parameters to fit your web site style and needs. The
common syntax for menu parameters is:
<param name="ParameterName" value="ParameterValue">
For more info about parameters see menu
- Some examples use external resources for menu (images - gif and jpg
files; sounds - au files; txt files with menu items), so it's necessary to copy
these files to appropriate directories according paths used in the menu
This trial version of
Apycom Java Menus and Buttons may be used for evaluation purposes only for a
period of 30 days.
Evaluation use includes the review and or customization of the software on one
local computer. This software may not be placed on the internet or a local
intranet site for viewing and or use by multiple persons.
The purchased version includes a license to place the software on publicly accessible web pages and
does not display the trial version reminder. Also you can purchase the Java source code of the software.
For more information see order page.